Founded in Spain in 2005, ata renewables is a lean, independent renewable energy group comprised of four companies providing services that span engineering, advisory, certification and market intelligence, with a track record of more than 21 GW worldwide.
We provide services for the renewable energy industry, particularly solar and wind, through our four companies: ata engineering, ata advisory, cere, and ata insights. We operate internationally from our offices in Spain, Mexico, Chile and South Africa. The group is led by Pablo Valera and Oscar Pereles, proven professionals with a combined 40+ years’ experience in renewables.
We are passionate about renewable energy. Our track record of working hand in hand with our clients speaks for itself. We thrive when we are up-close and personal with renewable energy projects, because we work as an extension of your team, helping you hit your objectives, as independent guardians of your best interests.
Our clients include the top 300+ financial Institutions, developers, equipment manufacturers and equity investors. We also regularly work with multilaterals, utilities and government led institutions.
Our people are our top asset. They make our company great. We cherry-pick the most seasoned, qualified and motivated industry experts; forward thinking professionals who value and understand our clients’ concerns and can help you achieve your targets. They have all gained experience working in different renewable companies across the value chain and other industries.
ata renewables’ four companies offer an integrated portfolio of services for the whole life cycle of a renewable energy project (from projects under development and construction, to projects in operation):
1. ata engineering: We undertake any renewable energy engineering task, from conceptual to basic and detailed engineering to a full owner’s engineering (OE) service and Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM). Each project is different, so we provide you with a fully customized service, tailored to your specific needs.
2. ata advisory: We are leaders in providing independent technical advisory services in renewable energy, particularly solar and wind. Our approach is flexible and adaptable to your specific needs. Our capabilities include:
- Advising customers in every phase of a renewable project, from development to financial close, construction, commissioning, guarantee period and operation
- Experts in natural resource evaluation, feasibility studies, Technical Due Diligence (TDD), Product Due Diligence (PDD), commissioning, and asset management
- Working with both debt and equity for projects under non-recourse project finance schemes, both for new projects and for M&A transactions including refinancing, life extension, and repowering
- Advising on projects that require long-term follow up. These projects are handled by a specialist team whose core strength is to keep historical consistency in the project. Among other long term projects, ATA is acting as technical advisor for iconic projects backed by World Bank, International Finance Corporation, European Investment Bank, African Development Bank, and Inter-American Development Bank.
3. cere: We are an independent certification entity accredited by National Accreditation Entity ENAC (IAF/ILAC member) to certify power generation units and PV power plants. We can certify in 40+ countries. Our team is led by Miguel Martinez, formerly Director at SGS Spain and current partner at Cere. Our experience includes 200MW+ of PV Inverters tested and certified, 200+ PV factories audited, 1500MW+ of PV Installations and 250MW+ of Wind farms certified and 350 kW of Wind turbines tested and certified.
Cere’s team participates on an ongoing basis in the international committees that establish the requirements, testing methods and certification methodology for renewable technologies.
4. ata insights: We are an independent market intelligence consultancy producing analysis to support our clients’ strategic decision making. Our understanding of the renewable energy market enables us to find the information you need and communicate it effectively to help you achieve your objectives. Our services include:
- Tailored market intelligence studies to support market entry, product development and other business critical decisions
- Strategic marketing campaigns, from design to implementation, to help you raise awareness of your products and generate new leads
- Networking and match-making through events and one-to-one meetings to help you connect with investors and decision makers
- Knowledge dissemination campaigns to raise awareness of new initiatives or projects
The ata insights team is led by Belen Gallego, formerly Founder and CEO of CSP Today and PV Insider and current partner at ATA Insights. Belen has more than 10 years’ experience in renewable energy events. During her career, Belen has planned, executed and marketed more than 100 events.